Welcome to Kinmount
Historic Main St Kinmount
The Kinmount Dam
ATVs by the Railway Station
Cyclists on the Rail Trail
Canoeing on the Burnt River
Horseback Riding on the Rail Trail
Kinmount offers a wonderful combination of being close to major centres such as Lindsay (45 minutes), Peterborough (1 hour), Orillia (1 hour), and Toronto (2 hours) with easy access to desired services and yet being far enough away from the hustle and bustle associated with big city life. Kinmount is uniquely situated on the borders of three of the major cottage regions of Ontario – Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes, and Peterborough County. Whether one chooses to live on the shores of one of the dozens of area lakes, or on a large acreage property, or in one of the picturesque local towns, regardless, the housing options and opportunities are vast and much less expensive than in the large cities of southern Ontario.
Many choose to live in this area so as to:
- Have four-season recreation at the doorstep.
- Enjoy the thousands of acres of forests and their abundance of wildlife.
- Canoe, kayak, hike, fish, and camp hundreds of miles of lakes and rivers.
- Ski, snowshoe, and snowmobile the numerous maintained and groomed trails.
- Partake in the many sports and community organizations.
- Participate in the vibrant craft and art communities.
- Escape traffic. We have excellent, well-maintained roads - traffic jams are virtually unheard of.
- Have their children attend community focused, quality schools.
Living and working in this beautiful area allows families and individuals to enjoy the countryside's benefits while keeping the big town and city benefits nearby and within easy access.
Around the Kinmount Community
- www.kinmount.ca Contains information regarding the history, current happenings, local businesses, and much more in and around Kinmount.
- Kinmount Gazette The monthly volunteer publication featuring photos and reports of local events as well as the history of Kinmount and its neighbouring communities.
- Highlands Cinemas A truly unique 5-Plex cinema and museum showing first-run movies, all built around Keith Stata’s house.
- Kinmount Fair Widely known as the best small-town fair in Ontario.
- Kinmount Weather
- Links to Local Schools
- Keith Stata’s cat rescue